Guerrilla Marketing is a marketing and advertising technique that uses unconventional methods and techniques to promote a service, product or organization. Guerrilla marketing relies on unique and unorthodox practices to actually gain prospective customers intention and interest. It is typically interactive in nature and tends to cost less when compared to other typical marketing strategies. Graffiti, bombing, and flash mobs are some of the methods commonly utilized to convey or promote a product or an idea. The main objective of this marketing strategy is to create a unique, engaging and throughout provoking concept to generate buzz and consequently turn viral. It involves unusual approaches such as street giveaways of products , intercept encounters in public areas , PR stunts and any other unconventional marketing strategy intended to get maximum results from minimal resources. The term guerrilla marketing is traced to guerilla warfare which utilized atypical tactic to achieve their goals in a completive and unforgiving environment. It is often ideal marketing style for small business that need to reach large audience without breaking the bank. This marketing strategy can also be used by big established companies in grassroots campaigns to compliment their ongoing media campaigns. Some individuals have adopted this marketing strategy as a way to find more work. Nowadays, guerrilla marketing uses more innovative approaches like mobile-digital technologies to reach out to consumers and create memorable brand experience. Guerrilla marketing is actually a very different type of marketing. It is an advertising campaign that is more innovative, interactive and appealing. Rather than simply advertising on televisions or billboards, this method targets customers through creative messages at unconventional or unexpected places. The main aim of this marketing strategy is to engage customers through innovative ideas that should eventually turn viral. It passes on a message creatively, clearly and effectively. Guerrilla marketing can actually include every possible place and every possible method to promote the business. Some of the common places where you should expect this amazing marketing idea are parks, streets, public bathrooms, in mall and outside a retail shop. Below are basic principles of guerrilla marketing:
- The message is more personal, direct and more effective
- It is actually a combination of many marketing strategies
- It uses the same message in different manner over and over again instead of coming up with new message every time.
- Guerrilla marketing campaigns uses strategies that are purely based on human psychology and not just any judgment or assumption.
- Instead of attracting huge number of new customers, guerilla marketing normally focuses on retaining same old customers or does transaction with the same old customers.
- Guerilla marketing emphasis on profits and not just sales.
- Instead of out and out competition, guerilla marketing normally supports cooperation with other business.
- A good measure of guerilla marketing is the number of lasting relationship you build over a particular period of time.