If you haven’t seen The Force Awakens yet, worry not — this post is spoiler-free.
As of today, the Twitter-Sphere will explode with Star Wars-themed tweets to promote products that may or may not be related to “The Force”.
And so, we would like to present you with 15 Star Wars Tweets that we’ve prepared. Use whatever you like, don’t feel as though you need to give us credit.
Please send us your Tweets and we’ll add them to this post and tag you.
Here We Go:
– How You Can Leverage #CustomerSuccess to rebuild the fallen empire of any galaxy. #TheForceAwakens
– Repair Your Droid with Self-Service Support #TheForceAwakens
– How Darth Vader implemented a CRM on the Death Star. #TheForceAwakens
– For all Jedi trainers: 4 Phases of Employee Distress & How to Handle Them. #TheForceAwakens
— James Mello (@blog2market) December 16, 2015
– 4 Ways Big Data is Revolutionizing #Employee Training, Even on A Galaxy Far Far Away. #TheForceAwakens
– Like the Millenium Falcon Your Software Does Not Have to be Pretty but it Does Have to Work. #TheForceAwakens
– How to Prepare to Rollout a Lightsabre Upgrade (and @Salesforce Implementation) #TheForceAwakens
– 3 #UX Ways to Improve #Lightsaber #Usability#TheForceAwakens
– How #SaaS Managers and Marketers Can Collaborate Like Huts and Bounty Hunters #TheForceAwakens
– “It’s a Trap!” How Admiral Ackbar Judges Good Customer Service. #TheForceAwakens
– 3 Steps to Awakening the Force within your Product #TheForceAwakens
– #ProductManagers are the Yodas of Today. Flow Through You, the Force Should #TheForceAwakens
– Like Yoda be, Simplify #UX Must You #TheForceAwakens
Now, for those of you who have read this until the end, We’d like to share with you a cause that is very close to our heart – the blind movement for people who are visually impaired. The NGO called LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is doing great work to promote the equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or visually impaired through rehabilitation training, employment placement, Enchanted Hills Camp and other services. If you’re interested, check them out and see how you can help.