To put it simply, data driven marketing is a marketing strategy that is based on data that a company collects. This data is based ultimately, on what the consumer needs or wants.
What is Data Driven Marketing About?In order to market based on data, you will have to collect data, analyze it, and then integrate it into your marketing campaigns. This data can be obtained from external sources as well as the internal ones. The data you collect can be sourced from:
- Global market research
- Interactions on a social level, both online and offline
- Online consumer activities
- Offline consumer activities
- Intelligence reports
- In-house market research
- Content marketing is part of marketing in a data driven way. This marketing entails producing content that is entertaining and educative. The content should be relevant to the internet users who are searching for information related to your business niche. This content can be in form of text, images, or videos. Content marketing is one ways in which you can draw your target audience in, by creating interest in issues for which your business provides the perfect solution.
- Effective ad placement is another way for you to use the data you have obtained to market to your target market. These ads can be placed within content or through different marketing channels. Using the insight you have obtained, you will be able to determine the right ads to be displayed at different times to specific consumers based on their behaviors. This makes such ads very effective in persuading your target audience to buy your products.
- You will also be able to fine-tune your segmentation strategies. This will allow you to advertise certain products to one group of people then a different product to another group of people based on what you predict they will need. You will also be able to determine which channel is the best for each type of advert. This means that you do not need to waste time and energy, advertising to the wrong crowd. By meeting the needs of consumers even before they think of it, you ensure that you are in a better position to make a larger volume of sales.